Princess Cruises’ stunning Diamond Princess is set to add some sparkle to the Australian coastline, with the cruise line announcing the 116,000-tonne ship will sail on its first circumnavigation of the country in November next year.
With features ranging from more than a dozen restaurants and bars to its very own wedding chapel, the 2670-guest Diamond Princess will have heads turning during its inaugural voyage around the country, departing Sydney on November 18, 2014.
Priced from $4679* per person twin share, the 28-night voyage will include visits to all state and territory capital cities, as well as the picturesque towns of Airlie Beach and Port Douglas in Queensland, Bunbury and Albany in Western Australia and Indonesia’s Bali to the north.
The voyage, which will be repeated in February 2015, marks the largest Princess Cruises’ ship to sail around Australia and is a highlight of the cruise line’s new 2014-15 Australasian program, now on sale.
Launching the program, Princess Cruises Commercial Director Alan Stuart said the cruise line offered the biggest choice of ships, homeports and itineraries in Australia, with four ships deployed in local waters over the 2014-15 season.
“This latest program reflects Princess Cruises’ position as the destination experts, featuring cruises from seven to 35 nights sailing to locations ranging from Tasmania to Tahiti and Thailand,” Mr Stuart said. “No other cruise line offers Australians so much choice.”
On top of her new circumnavigations, Diamond Princess will also sail on six cruises between Auckland and Sydney over the 2014-15 summer months. Fares on the 12-night cruises start from $1969* per person twin share.
The 2014-15 program also offers an array of cruises on sister ships Sun Princess, Dawn Princess and Sea Princess from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane respectively. Meanwhile Ocean Princess will offer cruises between Australia and Asia and Tahiti. Program options include:
· A seven-night cruise to Tasmania from Sydney priced from $1249* per person twin share departing December 9, 2014
· More than 30 roundtrip 13- or 14-night cruises from Australia to New Zealand each offering at least seven beautiful ports on the North and South Islands, priced from $1879* per person twin share
· 14-night cruises to Fiji and the South Pacific, priced from $1999* per person twin share
· A 35-night roundtrip voyage from Sydney to Hawaii, Tahiti and the South Pacific, taking in some of the region’s most beautiful ports including Kauai, Bora Bora and Pago Pago. Prices start from $6279* per person twin share.
· A 15-night cruise from Tahiti to Sydney sailing via the islands of French Polynesia and Samoa with calls to Auckland, Tauranga and Bay of Islands in New Zealand. Fares start from $2619 per person twin share.