Arcadia has been transformed for the new year following a multi-million dollar refurbishment, which includes a fleet first in accommodation and the introduction of Michelin-star celebrity chef Atul Kochhar’s Asian-fusion restaurant, East.
Australasian travellers will be able to witness the changes to the ship in late February and early March when Arcadia visits New Zealand and Australia as part of a 92-night world circumnavigation.
A short video, which can be viewed at http://youtu.be/ar02r5Zjacg has been made to highlight the major changes, which include:
- The introduction of East restaurant (replacing Orchid on sky deck 11) with an Asian-fusion menu designed by Atul Kochhar. As on Ventura, the Indonesian menu has influences from Thai, Malaysian and Vietnamese cuisine.
- A complete transformation of The Crow’s Nest lounge and bar with new flooring, seating areas, partition walls, furniture, a fresh colour scheme, bespoke lighting and a new-look extended bar.
- An extended and reconfigured open plan shopping area, featuring new glass cabinets, display units and LED lights. With a look and feel more akin to a sophisticated department store, there’s also new luxury brands on offer such as Givenchy, benefit, Gerry Weber and Ted Baker.
- The Globe has beenclosed off and totally encased to provide a new late-night dancing venue. Designed to improve the sound quality inside and also to reduce the level of noise outside, passengers can now party without disturbing other guests.
- The addition of 24 cabins on sun deck 10, including two new single balcony cabins – the first in P&O Cruises World Cruising’s fleet – 14 deluxe balcony cabins, four inside single cabins, three larger inside double cabins and one mini suite. All cabins have also been refreshed with new carpets and curtains and had 32” or 40” flat-screen TVs installed.
- The introduction of Freedom Dining to the upper tier of the Meridian Restaurant. As on other ships, passengers who opt for the Freedom Dining can arrive at any time they wish between 6.30pm and 9.30pm, with whomever they wish. The bottom tier of Meridian will continue to operate as Club Dining.
P&O Cruises World Cruising Marketing Director Christopher Edgington said: “This has been a huge project and a lot of hard work has gone in to make this happen. The outcome is nothing short of outstanding. Arcadia looks incredible.”
The extensive refit is part of P&O Cruises World Cruising’s ongoing commitment to ensure continuous improvement of its ships and a consistent standard of decor across the fleet.
The video is hosted on the P&O Cruises World Cruising YouTube channel and can be downloaded for hosting on independent sites from www.youtube.com/pandocruises
For more information and bookings please see a travel agent, call 132 428 or visit www.pocruises.com