The first short break to Napier’s Art Deco Weekend, a rare cruise call to Stewart Island and an Easter food and wine voyage are among the highlights of P&O Cruises’ 2016-17 program which offers New Zealand holidaymakers the largest range of cruise itineraries and destinations in the region.
As part of the exciting new program, Pacific Pearl will be based in Auckland from February to June 2017 offering 18 roundtrip departures including eight-night Fiji cruises, a 15-night Pacific voyage visiting Fiji, Tonga and Rarotonga as well as a 10-night round New Zealand cruise. P&O Cruises is the only cruise line to visit the county’s southernmost island, Stewart Island, during dedicated New Zealand itineraries.
With short breaks in hot demand, P&O Cruises is offering six Sea Breaks during Pacific Pearl’s seventh Auckland season including the first cruise to Napier for the internationally-renowned Art Deco Weekend, four-night cruises to the Bay of Islands and a food and wine themed Easter itinerary.
The addition of Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden sees a plethora of new itinerary options in the region including two year-round ships in Brisbane, a bumper season from Melbourne, long weekend breaks from Adelaide, more Papua New Guinea and Pacific explorations and regional Australia cruises.
P&O Cruises Senior Vice President Commercial Operations Sture Myrmell said a five-ship fleet opened up some exciting opportunities for New Zealand cruisers as the latest program built on P&O Cruises' evolution of modern cruising.
"We have one of the best backyards in the world and our five-ship fleet is cruising from all over the region to take our guests to destinations from Rarotonga to Rabaul. While we're showing off the best of Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific, our guests can enjoy the latest in onboard innovations making our ships an exciting destination in their own right," Mr Myrmell said.
On sale from April 22, highlights of the new program include:
- A four-night Sea Break from Auckland to Napier on Pacific Pearl to coincide with the annual Art Deco Festival on February 16, with fares from $729*
- A three-night food and wine Sea Break on Pacific Pearl over the Easter weekend with fares from $649*
- A 10-night round New Zealand cruise from Auckland on Pacific Pearl including calls to Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Stewart Island, Picton and featuring scenic cruising through Fiordland National Park. Fares start fares from $1549*
- A 15-night roundtrip cruise on Pacific Pearl from Auckland to Fiji, Tonga and Rarotonga with fares starting from $1899*
- Pacific Eden’s first Brisbane season featuring seven-night Queensland coastal cruises from $989*
- Pacific Aria's first Sydney season including a new 15-night Papua New Guinea cruise calling at Alotau, Rabaul and Doini Island from $2089*.
The first 200 guests who book a new program itinerary will receive special 'money can't buy' extras including priority check-in and tenders, welcome gift packs and onboard credit.