It has been raining awards today for Carnival Australia with five of its iconic cruise lines featuring in
the prestigious 2017 Cruise Critic Editors’ Picks Awards for Australian cruising.
Carnival Australia brand lines claimed nine awards including three separate category wins for home
brand P&O Cruises with best new ship, best ship refurbishment and best onboard nightlife, and two
each for Princess Cruises and Carnival Cruise Line.
“We welcome the awards for so many of our brands in a year of a number of milestones for our
Australian business including P&O Cruises’ eighty-fifth anniversary of cruising from Australia,
Princess Cruises’ more than 40 years and Carnival Cruise Line’s five years,” said Carnival Australia
President Sture Myrmell.
The Cruise Critic Australia category wins for Carnival Australia brands are as follows:
• Best New Ship – P&O Cruises’ Pacific Explorer
• Best Service – Carnival Cruise Line
• Best Value for Money – Carnival Cruise Line
• Best Shore Excursions – Princess Cruises
• Best Dining – Princess Cruises
• Best for Solo Travellers – Holland America Line
• Best for Luxury – Seabourn Cruise Line
• Best Ship Refurbishment – P&O Cruises’ Pacific Dawn
• Best Nightlife – P&O Cruises
“The strength of our varied brands is that we offer something for everyone across the cruising
spectrum,” Mr Myrmell said. “It is a great thrill to be recognised with awards across so many
categories for our brands.”