SEATTLE, Sept. 18, 2020 – Seabourn, the ultra-luxury resort at sea, is celebrating a special milestone in its future growth with the commemorative cutting of the steel for the brand’s second ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ship. T. Mariotti Managing Director Marco Ghiglione presided over the ceremony in San Giorgo di Nogare, Italy with Seabourn President Josh Leibowitz joining virtually.
“With two brand new ultra-luxury expedition ships now under construction, we are setting a new standard of luxury and adventure,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “This milestone further underscores our commitment to the expedition travel category and I’m confident these ships will deliver extraordinary expedition experiences.”
The second ship, which has yet to be named, is scheduled to launch in 2022, with sister ship Seabourn Venture slated to launch in 2021 with an exciting first season of voyages during the Norwegian Winter, where guests may see the Northern Lights up close. The ships are being designed from conception for expedition travel blended with ultra-luxury and personalized service by leading travel experts and seasoned professionals with great depth of experience in expedition, hospitality, and luxury cruising.
“The first steel cut for the second Seabourn expedition vessel, while Seabourn Venture is already under construction, enhances the enthusiasm even more for the successful and long lasting cooperation with Seabourn,” said Marco Ghiglione, managing director for T. Mariotti. “Now more than ever, we are committed to make it extraordinary and possible, with the highest standard of beauty, comfort and safety. The two Seabourn expedition sister ships, now both under construction, benefit from an intangible ingredient: Seabourn, Carnival Corporate Shipbuilding, Tihany Design and T.Mariotti people working together as one team.”
Both Seabourn Venture-class ships will be designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include an array of modern hardware and technology that will extend the ships global deployment and capabilities. They will be a brand new innovative design, created specifically for the ultra-luxury expedition traveler, and will include many features that have made Seabourn ships so successful. A new and exciting offering will be two custom-built submarines carried onboard, providing an unforgettable view of the world beneath the ocean’s surface. Both ships will carry 24 Zodiacs onboard, giving them the flexibility to take all guests on a Zodiac tour at once, should conditions present a small window of opportunity. Each ship will feature 132 luxurious oceanfront veranda suites, providing the best in accommodation no matter where the ships travel.
Renowned hospitality designer Adam D. Tihany has developed the design vision for public areas and all categories of luxurious guest suites, as well as a bespoke furniture collection. Renderings of a selection of these spaces can be found on the Seabourn expedition website, along with more details on the Seabourn expedition experience.
Both expedition vessels will feature an onboard crew that will include outstanding and well-traveled expedition teams comprised of highly regarded wilderness experts, scientists, historians and naturalists. During each sailing, team members regularly interact with guests, providing keen insight to deliver a rich holistic travel experience. These fascinating, accomplished experts are also part of the Seabourn Conversations program, providing in-depth insights into the history, ecology and culture of the places they visit. Their valuable insights are offered both in formal presentations on a variety of topics and in more casual conversations over meals, on deck during scenic cruising or at leisure.
Seabourn continues to represent the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, more than 170 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1300 987 323 or visit www.seabourn.com.
To reach the T. Mariotti press office contact Lara Tropia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +39 349 879 5023, or
Paolo Trombetta, email@example.com, +39 347 141 2583.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Find Seabourn on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
- World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
- Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveler to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
- Two custom-built 6-guest submarines giving the option to extend your expedition further for greater ocean exploration
- Enhanced expedition experiences with Zodiacs, mountain and ebikes, scuba diving, snorkeling and optional kayaks
- Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating your journey
- Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveler with unique attributes and spaces to enhance your experience
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability