Princess Cruises announced today plans for a full year-long program of voyages including a new 2022/23 Australian Summer Season and revealed its 2023 Round World Cruise – six months ahead of schedule.
In total, the planned program will offer guests 134 departures on 90 unique itineraries to 108 destinations in 33 countries and will feature an entire MedallionClass enabled fleet of four ships including two Royal-Class sister ships, Royal Princess and Majestic Princess based in Sydney for the first time.
Grand Princess will make her debut in Australia sailing out of Melbourne while Coral Princess will return to Brisbane as well as sail the line’s signature longer voyages, including the 28-day Round Australia (departing from homeports Sydney, Brisbane and Fremantle) and 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific itineraries. In 2023, Coral Princess’ 107-night Round World Cruise from Australia will visit 26 countries across six continents covering 32,500 nautical miles.
Unveiling the bumper program, Princess Cruises Senior Vice President Asia Pacific Stuart Allison said, “For the last twelve months, we’ve all been dreaming about travelling again and taking that first cruise. We hope that by releasing a full year’s worth of itineraries this far in advance, we can give our loyal cruisers a number of options to ignite some holiday inspiration for when we can travel again.”
Mr Allison said, “With new ships on offer and a total of 134 departures to choose from, the 2022/23 will be the biggest inventory of cruises we’ve ever launched in a single release Down Under, and reflects the interest from our Princess guests and the demand the travel agent community continues to drive for cruising. We’ve brought forward the launch of the 2023 Round World Cruise to be included in this release due to the high interest that our travel partners generated for the 2022 World Cruise released last year.”
“Furthermore, we’ve been able to use the pause in operation to make further significant investments into our OceanMedallion technology. Every Princess ship will offer MedallionClass so our guests can stay connected with their friends and family around the world and experience a more personalised and effortless cruise holiday.”
Mr Allison said he expected Coral Princess’ longer voyages including the World Cruise, Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific and her Australian circumnavigation to be popular with holidaymakers given the itineraries depart from various homeports. The 91,627-tonne ship offers a mix of premium staterooms with more than 500 private balcony staterooms and more than 200 suites and mini-suites. “Coral Princess is a great mid-sized ship, which carries 2000 guests yet offers a wide range of public spaces and amenities normally only found on much larger ships. So she provides a very affordable way to see Australia and the world in comfort and style.”
Mr Allison said Coral Princess’ planned 107-night world circumnavigation will visit 44 destinations, access to 20 UNESCO World Heritage Sites have a distinct Arctic Circle theme with six unique port calls to Iceland, Greenland and Canada. The voyage will feature three overnights stays in Dubai, New York and Lima as well as visits to six stunning new world cruise ports including Elba (Portoferraio, Italy) and Tangier (Morocco). Sailing from Auckland on May 31, 2023 Sydney on June 4, 2023 and Brisbane on June 6, 2023, the world cruise is priced from $26,599* per person twin share in an interior stateroom, while balcony stateroom fares start from $34,999* per person twin share with up to $1000 onboard credit per person.*
Other highlights of the 2022/23 season include:
- Round Australia cruises on Coral Princess, departing from Sydney, Brisbane or Fremantle departing in October 2022 and March-April 2023. Fares from $5799* per person twin share.
- Northern Explorer on Coral Princess cruises between Brisbane and Fremantle or Fremantle and Sydney, with new calls to Kuri Bay. Fares from $2899* per person twin share.
- New Zealand roundtrip cruises from Sydney on Royal Princess and Majestic Princess from $2129* per person twin share; from Brisbane on Coral Princess from $2399* per person twin share and from Melbourne on Grand Princess from $1999* per person twin share.
- Two one-way New Zealand voyages between Auckland and Sydney on Majestic Princess from $2389* per person twin share.
- Five Tasmanian roundtrip cruises from Sydney and one from Brisbane from $699* per person twin share and six Southern Australia Explorer cruises from Melbourne on Grand Princess from $939* per person twin share.
- Nine Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific cruises from Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland from $6199* per person twin share.
- Two Papua New Guinea cruises on Coral Princess sailing from Brisbane from $1969* per person twin share.
- Six Fiji cruises on Grand Princess from Sydney and one from Melbourne from $2139* per person twin share.
- A 10-night Coral Coast roundtrip cruise aboard Coral Princess from Fremantle departing March 2023 from $1859* per person twin share.
OceanMedallionTM Transforms the Cruise Experience
The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion™ wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card to significantly expand touch-free options and personalisation on board Princess MedallionClass™ ships including:
- Touchless embarkation and disembarkation
- Keyless stateroom entry
- Completely touchless commerce
- Simplified safety training
- On-demand food, beverages and retail items delivered anywhere on board
- Guest service requests via mobile device chat
- Entertainment content via smart devices
Princess MedallionClass ships also offer the best Wi-Fi at sea, MedallionNet™, so guests can stay connected to the things and people they love and share cruise holiday memories with ease. MedallionNet offers unprecedented connectivity that’s fast, unlimited, reliable, and affordable with an access point in every stateroom, so guests can stream favourite movies, shows, games and music; connect to favourite social media sites; and video chat from anywhere on the ship.
Princess Cruises is currently enhancing health and safety protocols with input from global health leaders in light of COVID-19 and assessing how they may impact future itineraries. Actual offerings may vary from what is displayed in marketing materials. Click on the following links to stay updated on current Travel Advisories and Health & Safety protocols.
The 2022/23 program will be open for sale to Princess Elite Guests on 9AM Tuesday March 2, 2021 and to the public on 9AM Wednesday March 3, 2021.
For more information, see a licensed travel agent; call 13 24 88 or visit www.princess.com. *Subject to availability, conditions apply.