Seabourn, the ultra-luxury ocean and expedition cruise line, is offering adventurous travelers an opportunity to reach the far corners of the globe with its new fall, winter and spring 2023-2024 expedition itineraries aboard its purpose-built, ultra-luxury ships, Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit. These unforgettable journeys will set sail to some of the world’s most awe-inspiring destinations in Antarctica, South America, the South Pacific, Indonesia, and more, offering travelers a chance to marvel at natural beauty, wildlife, remote locales, and places few have ever seen – in a style all its own.
Between September 2023 and April 2024, Seabourn Venture will operate 11 voyages, ranging from 14 to 24 days in length. Seabourn Venture will sail from Japan in September 2023 to provide in-depth expedition experiences throughout the South Pacific over the course of three months. These expeditions will highlight little-known but highly satisfying cultures, atolls, island chains and create once-in-a-lifetime and unforgettable Seabourn Moments. Seabourn Venture will reach New Zealand in December 2023, where the ship will make the rare trek south to Antarctica and spend two months exploring the “White Continent.” The ship will then continue to explore New Zealand and Australia, including the Great Barrier Reef before arriving in Bali at the end of March 2024.
On the other side of the globe, Seabourn Pursuit will offer 14 voyages ranging from 11 to 27 days. Beginning in late September 2023 after making the iconic trip across the Northwest Passage, Seabourn Pursuit will continue its inaugural year sailing along the West Coast of the Americas before making its debut in Antarctica for the holiday and winter season. In February 2024, the ship will sail a unique crossing from Argentina to Africa, which will include the Falkland Islands, a three-day South Georgia Experience, and a rare appearance at Tristan da Cunha & Ascension Islands before arriving in Cape Verde. Seabourn Pursuit will then make its way up the northwest coast of Africa and Europe to Greenwich (London) in April 2024.
"It is our privilege to open up the world to those who desire adventurous experiences, and we’re excited to unveil another round of expedition itineraries that reach into the more remote corners of the globe,” said Seabourn President Josh Leibowitz. “Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit are setting a new bar for luxury expedition travel.”
Once-in-a-Lifetime Expeditions on Seabourn Venture
Seabourn Venture will offer a myriad of unique experiences as it sails to Asia, the South Pacific and Antarctica. Itinerary highlights from its 2023-2024 fall/winter/spring season include:
- 22-Day from Kobe to Brisbane (Honiara): Seabourn Venture sails along the coast of Japan, visiting Hiroshima and Nagasaki, on the way to Okinawa. The ship will then explore the beauty of Micronesia, where guests can enjoy snorkeling in the crystal-clear waters, discover small and isolated villages, and learn about Micronesian and Polynesia cultures, traditions, arts and lifestyles. September 18 – October 10, 2023
- 14-Day from Brisbane (Honiara) to Guam: See a cross section of the South Pacific’s most beautiful islands, as the ship sails through the Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, The Federated States of Micronesia, and Guam. Guests can explore the spectacular coral reefs of the region while snorkeling, scuba diving or partaking in an optional submersible dive. This voyage will visit some of the most remote and spectacular atolls that Micronesia has to offer. October 8-22, 2023
- Round-trip voyages from Christchurch (Lyttelton): Adventurers seeking a polar exploration can choose from two 24-day round-trip voyages departing Christchurch to visit the most remote and isolated part of Antarctica. Sailing around the area that was once the theater of the most glorious and infamous episodes of the golden age of early Antarctic exploration, guests can enjoy the vast wildness of the region in search of killer whales, seals and other magnificent marine mammals. December 17, 2023 – January 10, 2024 and January 10-February 3, 2024
- 14-Day from Christchurch (Lyttelton) to Melbourne: A voyage full of opportunities to encounter native wildlife, sail around the Solander Islands of southern New Zealand, home to 6,000 breeding pairs of Buller’s albatrosses, enjoy world-class whale watching in Kaikoura and go below the ocean’s surface in optional submersibles to visit with marine mammals, cold water reefs and the rocky seafloor of the South Pacific and the Tasman Sea. February 3-17, 2024
- 14-Day from Darwin to Benoa: Head from Australia into the reaches of Indonesia on this spectacular voyage full of natural beauty. See the elusive birds of paradise at dawn in Yenwaupnor, see the Komodo dragon in all its glory in Komodo National Park, and gaze upon the wonders of Pulau Wajag, which are sure to leave you speechless. Dive into the depths at Raja Ampat, one of the most spectacular areas in the world to scuba dive, where you can explore an underwater paradise of coral and rare marine species. March 16-30, 2024
Epic Adventures on Seabourn Pursuit
Seabourn Pursuit will sail the waters of North and South America, head south to Antarctica and then east to Africa and Europe. Highlights include:
- 14-Day from Puntarenas to San Antonio: Discover the coastlines of Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, and Chile aboard this enchanting voyage, where guests will cruise the Humboldt Current, home of the most productive maritime ecosystem on the planet. Zodiac cruises around the coast of Peru and Chile will uncover hundreds of thousands of birds that live there, and cultural attractions include the ruins of Chan Chan Citadel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the “White City” of Arequipa in Peru, and Peru's capital city of Lima, amongst many more. October 15-31, 2023
- 18-Day from San Antonio to Buenos Aires (Ushuaia): Sailing the incredible maze of the Chilean Fjords, Seabourn Pursuit will navigate several of the largest and most scenic glaciers in South America before sailing 600 miles between South America and Antarctica across the famous Drake Passage in the company of hardy seabirds. Admire jagged glacier-covered mountains, watch gentoo penguins on shore going about their busy summer schedule, and kayak in Antarctica with a qualified guide paddling amongst curious swimming seals. Arrive in the southernmost part of Argentina, the perfect way to wrap an adventure with hiking, scenery, and history in Tierra del Fuego. October 31-November 18, 2023
- Round-trip voyages from Buenos Aires (Ushuaia): From November through February 2024, guests can select one – or more! – of eight round-trip voyages traveling between the tips of Argentina and Antarctica across the Drake Passage. A birdwatcher’s paradise, travelers will be awed by majestic albatrosses, whizzing prions, diverse petrels and many other seabirds that forage in the rich waters of the South Atlantic and Southern Ocean. Once in Antarctica, the ship will navigate past mazes and myriads of icebergs in search of seals resting on ice floes, whales foraging in the water, and thousands of penguins nesting for the summer season. Voyages range from 11 to 21 days. Departure dates:November 17,November 27, December 9, December 19, 2023, January 8, January 20, January 30, February 11, 2024.
- 27-Day from Buenos Aires (Ushuaia) to Cape Verde (Praia): Beginning in picturesque Tierra del Fuego in southernmost Argentina, this adventure begins in the main town of Ushuaia, great for hiking, scenery and history. The ship will then sail across the Atlantic Ocean, from the subantarctic waters of South Georgia across the Equator into the tropical seas surrounding Cape Verde. It will visit a series of islands including the Falklands, full of rich wildlife; Tristan da Cunha, one of the most remote inhabited islands in the world; and Ascension Island, a dormant volcanic island with fascinating geological formations. February 21-March 19, 2024
- 12-Day from Málaga to Greenwich (London): Embark on a culture-rich journey through picturesque European ports for a firsthand look at historic regions like Normandy, a storied WWII destination; Porto, the birthplace of Port wine; Paris, the City of Lights with no shortage of artistic treasures; Isle of Wight, famous for its rich maritime history; and charming Bruges, with its cobblestone squares and picturesque canals. April 2-14, 2024
New to the Seabourn fleet, Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit will provide the same luxury small-ship experience with the addition of world-class equipment that allows the line to offer its widest range of expedition activities led by an expert 26-person team of scientists, scholars, naturalists, and more. The ships will offer complimentary Seabourn Expedition offerings such as Zodiac cruises, hikes, nature walks, scuba diving, and snorkeling, as well as additional curated complimentary excursions. In addition, the ships will offer optional shore excursions and optional Seabourn Expeditions with kayaking and two custom-built submersibles at select destinations. These experiences will provide close-up views of wildlife and natural scenery, as well as unforgettable intimacy with the underwater wonders of the ocean.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 13 24 02 or visit www.seabourn.com.