Sydney, 27 May 2019 — Carnival Cruise Line today celebrated its one millionth guest since the brand’s arrival in Australia, six years ago.
To celebrate this Australian milestone, Carnival conducted a survey of over 1,000 of their past guests to find out their favourite experiences. The findings revealed:
- Favourite South Pacific Port – Isle of Pines
- Favourite onboard activity – Relaxing in the Adult-Only Serenity™ Retreat
- Favourite cruise destination – New Caledonia
- Favourite dessert – Carnival’s signature Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
Vice President Carnival Cruise Line Australia, Jennifer Vandekreeke, said: “From dancing waiters and dazzling shows to wild waterslides and warm welcomes, we are honoured and thrilled that 1 million guests have chosen to entrust their precious Australian holiday time to Carnival. Every Australian guest we host is one in a million, and we endeavour to deliver fun, memorable holidays for each and every one”.
She concluded: “It’s an exciting time at Carnival - Australia’s newest and largest year-round cruise ship, Carnival Splendor, will be sailing Down Under from December 2019, while Carnival Spirit will become the first-ever Carnival ship to be home ported in Brisbane from October 2020.”
The one million Carnival guests have experienced a host of fun moments, including:
- Taking over 1 million trips down the Green Thunder thrill-slide
- Devouring more than 3.2 million Chocolate Melting Cakes
- Cuddling over 3.7 million towel animals
- Over 23 thousand turtle sightings at Amedee Island
- Embarking on 700 cruises out through the Sydney Heads