Two Royal Class ships call Sydney Home with Majestic Princess and Royal Princess both homeported from the Harbour City
Princess Cruises has unveiled a world of new travel opportunities for Australians in its latest program, including the longest-ever roundtrip cruise offered from Australia - a stunning 110-night global odyssey departing late April 2024.
In a move that reflects strong demand for bucket list destinations, the cruise line today announced it will open bookings for its new 2023/24 Australian cruise program in early December- an unprecedented 11 months ahead of schedule for its world cruise.
Featuring 113 departures between September 2023 and October 2024, the program is one of Princess’ largest yet, with two Royal-class ships - Royal Princess and Majestic Princess - based in Sydney, while Grand Princess will cruise from Melbourne and Coral Princess will sail from Brisbane and Fremantle.
Between them, the four ships will offer more than 40 Australian cruises and over 30 New Zealand cruises, as well as eight Asian itineraries and more than 10 Trans-Pacific sailing options.
Announcing details, Princess Cruises Sales and Marketing Director Nick Ferguson said the early release of the program reflected the positive long-term booking trends for cruising as Australia and international travel continue to open up following more than 18 months of pandemic-related travel restrictions.
“We know our guests are looking forward to being onboard our ships again and to enjoy all the comforts of a cruise holiday as they travel to ports around Australia, the Pacific and the world,” Mr Ferguson said.
“This latest program offers four MedallionClass enabled ships and more than 100 fantastic holiday options designed to inspire our guests as we prepare to cruise together again.”
“Regardless of which ship they travel on or where they cruise, Princess guests will be able to experience the cruise line’s cutting-edge MedallionClass technology, designed to deliver a personalised and effortless cruise holiday,” Mr Ferguson added. “Furthermore, when guests purchase a Princess Plus fare their cruise holiday includes a Premier Beverage Package and Wi-Fi - presenting unbelievable value for our guests.”
Mr Ferguson said Coral Princess’ record-breaking world cruise was a highlight of the program, with guests set to enjoy 47 spectacular ports across 32 countries on an itinerary that includes overnight stays in Russia’s romantic St Petersburg as well as exotic Lima in Peru and magnificent New York.
The voyage will offer more European port calls including visits to seven exciting new world cruise destinations: Stockholm in Sweden, Aarhus in Denmark, Kristiansand in Norway, Edinburgh in Scotland, the Greek island of Crete, France’s Corsica, and Bar Harbor (Maine) in the United States of America with extended visits to Petra, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Reykjavik, Cork, Boston and Tahiti.
“Our 2023 world cruise has been a sell-out which is why we’re launching the 2024 voyage much earlier than ever before. This reflects both the desire and interest from our guests to travel the world and make up for lost time” Mr Ferguson said.
The 2000-guest Coral Princess features a large number of balcony staterooms, suites and mini-suites as well as a wide array of restaurants and lounges, and offers a superb level of comfort and space ideal for longer voyages, said Mr Ferguson. In addition to the world cruise, Coral Princess will sail on Princess’ popular round-Australia itineraries, with two departures from both Sydney and Brisbane, as well as a 21-night voyage to see the sights of Asia from Sydney to Yokohama aboard Royal Princess departing 6 April 2024.With departures available from Adelaide, Fremantle and Auckland as well Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne, the 2023/24 program offers a wide range of Australian itineraries including a new 12-night cruise to South Australia and Tasmania from Sydney on Majestic Princess and two cruises to Queensland from Melbourne.
Highlights of the 2023/24 program include:
· Coral Princess’ 110-night world cruise with roundtrip departures from Sydney on 30 April 2024 and Brisbane on 2 May 2024. Fares start from AU$32,299* per person twin share in an interior stateroom and AU$41,099* per person twin share in a balcony stateroom. Additionally, Princess will offer up to AU$4000 per stateroom of Early Booking Benefits including AU$1,000 of on board credit per person and AU$1,000 worth of savings for past guests.
· Princess will offer 33 trans-Tasman cruises to New Zealand, ranging from 5 to 20 nights, with departures from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Fares for a 13-night ‘Australia and New Zealand’ voyage aboard Royal Princess roundtrip Sydney start from AU$2,719* per person twin share in an interior stateroom and AU$3,419* per person twin share in a balcony stateroom.
· An all new 12-night roundtrip cruise from Sydney on Majestic Princess visiting Melbourne, Kangaroo Island, Adelaide, Port Lincoln, Port Arthur and Hobart. Fares start from AU$2,579* per person twin share in an interior stateroom and AU$3,239* per person twin share in a balcony stateroom.
· A 10-night exploration of Western Australia’s stunning Coral Coast, sailing from Fremantle on Coral Princess and visiting Exmouth, Broome, Kuri Bay, and Geraldton. Fares start from AU$2,479* per person twin share in an interior stateroom and AU$3,549* per person twin share in a balcony stateroom.
· Round-Australia cruises on Coral Princess, with departures from Sydney and Brisbane. Fares start from AU$7,119* per person twin share in an interior stateroom and AU$10,419* per person twin share in a balcony stateroom.
· Cruises between Singapore and Fremantle on Coral Princess taking in the delights of South-east Asia. Fares start from AU$2,679* per person twin share in an interior stateroom and AU$3,229* per person twin share in a balcony stateroom.
The 2023/24 program will be open for sale to Princess Elite Guests from 9am AEDT on December 1, 2021 and for general sale from 9am AEDT on December 2, 2021. *Subject to availability, conditions apply.
Princess Cruises delivers the ultimate in effortless, personalised cruising featuring the world-class dining and entertainment Princess is renowned for, all elevated with the Princess MedallionClass Experience. It begins with the Medallion™, a coin-sized, wearable device that enables everything from contactless boarding to locating loved ones anywhere on the ship, as well as enhanced service like having whatever guests need, delivered directly to them, wherever they are on the ship. In addition, guests can share their favourite cruise moments using MedallionNet, the best Wi-Fi at sea, as well as stay connected with friends and family back home, work remotely anywhere on the ship, quickly post content and stream favourite movies and shows.
For more details on Princess Cruises visit the company’s website at princess.com, call 13 24 88 or connect with a professional travel advisor. Travel Agents are encouraged to call 1300 587 473 or visit onesourcecruises.com.au Offerings and itineraries are subject to change. *Subject to availability, conditions apply.
Princess Cruises is currently enhancing health and safety protocols with input from global health leaders in light of COVID-19 and assessing how they may impact future itineraries. Actual offerings may vary from what is displayed in marketing materials. Click on the following links to stay updated on current Travel Advisories and Health & Safety protocols.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 14 modern cruise ships. Princess Cruises carries two million guests each year to 380 destinations around the globe visiting the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England, Antarctica, and also operates World Cruises. A team of professional destination experts have curated 170 itineraries, ranging in length from three to 111 days with Princess Cruises continuously recognised as the “Best Cruise Line for Itineraries.” In 2017 Princess Cruises, with parent company Carnival Corporation, introduced MedallionClass Vacations enabled by the Medallion device, the holiday industry’s most advanced wearable device, provided free to each guest sailing on a MedallionClass ship. The award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless personalised holiday giving guests more time to do the things they love most. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).